Are you a fan of noodles for breakfast? I could go for a little heavier meal with a cocktail any day. I made Ramen Noodle Stir Fry Breakfast Bowl and with mushrooms and chicken sausage. It was warm and familiar and cozy on a cold morning. And it is healthy and super flavorful.
Ramen Breakfast Bowl
My brilliant sister-in-law gave me this recipe idea and while I have no idea if this is what she meant by ramen breakfast bowl I made it with beef flavor ramen, mushroom, and chicken sausage.
I got beef flavor because the store had only that flavor left but if I had more choices I would go with chicken or miso flavor ramen or switch the chicken sausage for beef breakfast sausage.
Cook the sausage and mushrooms together for a few minutes. I like mine on the crispier side so I left it for about 4 minutes on each side. Add the whites from the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then season your noodles and combine. Top with an egg and chopped green onion.
Follow the full recipe below and enjoy it with your favorite brunch cocktail.
I like to look at this recipe more as a brunch noodle with an egg bowl. Top the ramen with your favorite style egg and some green onion. Don’t forget your brunch cocktail and enjoy it!
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry Breakfast Bowl
- 4 Packages Instant Ramen Noodles chicken or miso flavor
- 1 Cup Mushrooms chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Cups Breakfast chicken sausage
- 1 Bunch Green Onion chopped and whites separated from greens
- 1 Cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 4 Eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp Red chili flakes optional
- Sriracha hot sauce optional
- Cook the ramen according to the package.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the sausage and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes until the sausage is golden brown.
- Add the onion whites and garlic. Cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and chili flakes.
- When the ramen are cooked, drain and transfer to the skillet with the sausage and mushrooms mix. Add the cheese and toss until all is mixed and the cheese is melted. Adjust the seasoning. Turn the heat off and cover.
- Cook the eggs the way you like them.
- Transfer some of the ramen to a bowl and top with the egg and green onion.
Keyword: breakfast recipe, comfort food, easy breakfast, ramen breakfast bowl, ramen noodle, what goes in ramen breakfast bowl