This Classic Chicken Salad is the best meal you make in bulk. It is delicious and healthy, and depending on the fruit you put in, it can be keto as well.
The salad comes together in less than 10 minutes (a little longer if you are cooking the chicken yourself).
I love making it because there are different ways you can enjoy it even if you are not a huge fan of chicken salad. You can save it for meal prep, eat it as a cold sandwich, add any toppings you like, like tomato, or cheese, or eat it as is.
Ingredients for chicken salad:
- Rotisserie Chicken (you can also roast your own chicken, use leftovers from another meal, or just slow cook 2 chicken breasts).
- Green Apple or Pear
- Green Onion
- White Wine Vinegar (Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider is fine too)
- Salt & Pepper
You can take your salad to another level by adding some walnuts and raisins or cranberries.
The process is easy.
All I did was shred the chicken. I use two forks to pull it apart or pulse it a few times in a food processor. Another option (of which I am not a fan) is to chop the chicken into small cubes.
If you are cooking your chicken yourself and not using rotisserie store-bought like me, season generously with salt and pepper before cooking it.
I suggest roasting it in the oven since this is the quickest way (20 minutes over 375F). After the chicken is done just add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
Follow the easy step-by-step recipe below. Enjoy!
Classic Chicken Salad
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken shredded or finely chopped
- 2 Celery sticks finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Green Apple finely chopped
- 1 Small Bunch Green Onion finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Walnut optional
- 1/4 Cup Raisens optional
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Adjust the salt and pepper.
Keyword: chicken salad recipe apples, chicken salad sandwich recipe, classic chicken salad, comfort food, easy chicken salad