This quick and super delicious breakfast recipe with honey, feta, and sweet cinnamon mini french toast is the best weekend morning treat. If you add eggs and a frothy cappuccino it will seal the deal!
Here is what you need
French toasts are super easy. All you need is:
- whole milk
- french bread – or sourdough slices cut in quarters
From there you simply dip the french bread in a mix of eggs, milk, and cinnamon (which has anti-inflammatory properties so don’t feel bad about the carbs lol).
Check out other delicious breakfast recipes:
Top with Bulgarian Feta & drizzle with Honey
Feta and honey are a great breakfast addition. The salty taste of the feta matches perfectly with the sweet honey. I use Bulgarian Feta instead of Greek because it is much firmer which makes it easier for crumbling.
It is usually kept in water so it is slightly saltier than other feta cheeses. It works perfectly for this recipe and there is no need for added salt. The honey compliments that saltiness and tones it down.
I like using Bulgarian feta for salads and eggs because it keeps its shape and because it is so salty. When I bake feta in the oven though, I use Greek feta cheese because it is softer and creamier.
Follow the recipe below and enjoy!
Mini French Toasts with Feta & Honey
- 1 Loaf French Bread sliced into 1.5 inch pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup While Milk
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Line a plate with paper towel. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture until covered with it on all sides. Transger to the skillet and cook for about a minute on each side. Transfer to the plate with the paper towel. Work in batches depending how many your skillet can fit.
- Serve immigiately with fetta on top and a drizzle of the honey.
Keyword: french toast bites, french toast recipe, honey and feta, kid-friendly, mini french toasts, small french toast recipe