This quick foil-baked salmon and roasted veggies are the best! It is easy, full of flavor, and goes well with any wine. What else do you need than this vegetable bake and freshly roasted salmon fillet?
Ingredients for roasted salmon and veggies:
- Fresh Salmon Fillet
- Mushrooms – if you find button mushrooms will be best
- Herb Rub – follow the recipe below for my homemade fish and seafood rub.
- Red Cabbage
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
Let’s get roastin’
I love one sheet dinners because the clean up is so easy and quick! All you need is a big roasting pan and aluminum foil.
Pat the salmon dry and season with the herb rub. Then transfer to the foil and close on top like a pocket. It is okay if it is not perfectly closed but makes sure there is some space inside so it cooks evenly.
You will open the foil at the end so the salmon can finish cooking. Foil baked salmon is the easiest and most foolproof recipes.
I roast the veggies along the foil baked salmon. Simply mix all veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
You are all set! Follow the recipe below and enjoy!
One Pan Roasted Salmon and Vegetables
- Sheet baking pan
- 1 Lb Fresh Salmon or two medium pieces
- 1 tbsp Herb Rub follow recipe
- 2 Cups Broccoli
- 1 Cup Whole Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt ad pepper
For the Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli Flakes optional
- 1 Tbsp Pregano
- 1 Tsp Dry Dill
- 1 Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Dry Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Dry Thyme
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a small bowl combine the herbs and spices for the herb rub and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with two sheets of foil. Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Place one fillet on top of the foil and drizzle with a little olive oil. Do the same with the other fillet.
- Season both fillets with the herb rub and close the foil on top. Leave some space inside for it. Arrange the foil pockets on one side of the sheet pan.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, and the mushrooms to the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Open the foil pockets and roast for additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the red cabbage, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Take out of the oven and discard the foil. Transfer the salmon and veggies to a plate and add the red cabbage slaw. Serve immidiately.