This vitamin-packed roasted lemon and cherry tomato salad are going to be your go-to for the summer! It is super quick, fresh, and extremely flavorful. The mint, pomegranate, and lemon flavors complement the ripe cherry tomatoes and flat-leaf parsley.
I know roasted lemon is not very common, especially in a salad. But hear me out! It is so refreshing and interesting. Its lemony flavor sweetened with a little coconut sugar and just slightly charred really adds to the rest of the ingredients. Lemons are also packed with Vitamin C.
What do you need for this Roasted Lemon and Cherry Tomato Salad?
- Coconut Sugar – Dark brown sugar will work too.
- Cherry Tomato
- Flat Leaf Parsley
- Mint – always fresh
- Allspice – or cloves if you have that instead.
- Flaky Salt and Black Pepper
How to roast the lemons?
I know roasting lemons is unnatural but it is so easy! I like to blanch the lemons before I roast them. Blanching, if you are unfamiliar with the term, is when a fruit or vegetable is boiled for a few minutes and then immediately submerged in an ice bath. This process helps the food to keep its texture and quality while cooking later on.
We don’t want mushy lemons so blanching is important for our purposes. Roasting is super easy. Make sure to put parchment paper on your baking sheet to prevent mess.
At the end, combine all ingredients together and enjoy this super easy and delicious roasted lemon and cherry tomato salad.
What goes well with Roasted Lemon and Tomato Salad?
This salad goes with any meat, fish, tofu, or chickpeas. It is so flavorful that you can use it to top a chicken breast or roasted salmon. For the sake of flavor, I would stay away from pairing it with more mint and lemon flavors. Try these Lamb meatballs.
Follow the full recipe below and let me know how it went!
Roasted Lemon and Tomato Salad
- 1 Lemon cut into thin wheels
- 2 Cup Cherry Tomato halved
- 1/2 Small Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Mint roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley roughly chopped
- 1 Tsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp All Spice
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil to prevent mess. Bring a pot of water to boil and add the lemon wheels. Blanch* for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to the sheet pan and sprinkle with the cocomut sugar, salt, pepper, and drizzle a bit of olive oil. Toss to combine. Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes. They will look a bit dry.
- In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingreidnts and the lemon when done. Adjust the flavor and enjoy!