This spinach salad is packed with flavor. In fact, it will be your new grilled chicken salad from now on. It is a delicious spinach bowl with grilled peaches, cherry tomatoes, and the most simple dressing for spinach salad.
Spinach Bowl Salad with Grilled Chicken Ingredients
- Grilled Chicken – Simply grill a chicken breast on your grill or grill pan with some salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. I used rotisserie chicken so that works great too. Shred or chop it when done and adjust the seasoning. You can add your favorite seasoning to that as well.
- Spinach – I used regular spinach because it always comes out cheaper but if you don’t feel like cleaning it just get a bag of baby spinach.
- Peaches – these are a great addition to the salad especially when they are in season. Grilled peaches are pretty but more work so it is totally up to you if you want to grill them.
- Cheese – for this recipe I used Monterey Jack but Gouda, Mozzarella, or Feta will be delicious as well.
- Green Onion – thinly slice it or chop it. It gives the best flavor!
- Cherry Tomato – half them.
- Red Wine Vinaigrette – extra virgin olive oil + good quality red wine vinegar + garlic = the best dressing for spinach salad!
How to make this spinach salad with grilled chicken?
You really don’t need much cooking. Toss spinach, cherry tomato, green onion, red wine vinaigrette, salt, and pepper, and then add the chicken, peaches, and cheese. Adjust the flavor and you are all set! Follow the recipe card below for the full recipe!
Storage, meal Prep, and Leftovers
If you make the salad and there are some leftovers you can either store them in the fridge for up to 2 days in an air-tight container. After that, the spinach will become soggy and it won’t be as delicious.
However, if you keep the ingredients separate or the dressing on the side it will last up to 7 days. You can have the chicken frozen for up to a month.
This grilled chicken spinach bowl is perfect for meal prep. If you don’t have a box with separators just make sure you have the dressing on the side.
If you are looking for a heavier meal and want to pair it with bread, try these Honey Parker Rolls or Sage Butter Dinner Rolls. Also, try this Rice Chermoula Bowl if you want a bigger meal or these delicious Shrimp Lettuce Wraps to switch to during the week meal prep.
Summer Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken & Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 Cups Roasted Chicken shredded or chopped into pieces
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach cleaned
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomato halved
- 1 Large Peach thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese cubed
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar aged
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- Salt & Lemon Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl toss the spinach, green onion, tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and lemon pepper.
- Transfer the spinach mix to a plate and add the chicken, cheese, and peaches on top. Adjust the dressing and seasoning if necessary.