These delicious and easy-to-make roasted pumpkin wedges are a great appetizer option for the holiday season. I love bringing them to parties, putting them as a side on Thanksgiving day, or just as a quick snack during pumpkin season.
How to make roasted pumpkin wedges?
Making this pumpkin appetizer is so easy and pretty straightforward. You will need a baking sheet and some parchment paper to prevent a mess. Here are all the ingredients for this holiday appetizer.
- Pumpkin – I love making this with all the small pumpkins I bought in the beggining of the season. Literally, any pumpkin will work but for best results use butternut squash.
- Fresh Thyme
- Goat Cheese – if you are feeling festive, swap it for cranberry goat cheese to add a little extra sweetness to it.
- Olive Oil – for roasting.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
First, cut the pumpkin in half and scoop the seeds out. Then, cut the pumpkin halves into wedges. Lay them on top of the parchment paper on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and roast for about half an hour.
Once the pumpkin wedges are done roasting, transfer to a plate and sprinkle the fresh thyme leaves on top. Drizzle with honey and garnish with goat cheese. So easy and quick!
What to serve roasted pumpkin with?
I love bringing this as a side dish when I go to someone else’s dinner party. This recipe makes a great holiday appetizer as well. You can add it to your Thanksgiving menu as a side, or serve it to munch on while still cooking the big dinner.
The sweet, herby, and slightly salty flavors of the dish marry perfectly in the overall fall and winter tones of the pumpkin. It looks good, and it smells even better.
How to store roasted pumpkin?
You can 100% make this keto appetizer ahead of time. Make it the night before and keep the honey on the side until you are ready to serve it. Cover with plastic wrap and keep overnight in the fridge.
- Don’t miss out on the best Honey Butter Dinner Rolls.
- Lavender & Thyme Risotto is my favorite Christmass Dinner!
- Or make these Champagne & Truffle Mustard Shrimp Scampi for NYE!
Honey & Thyme Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
- Baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Paper Towels
- 1 Butternut Squash or any type of pumpkin you have
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Slice the pumpkin in two, spoon the seeds out and discard them.
- Cut the two halves into small wedges. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Transfer the roasted pumpkin to a plate and drizzle with honey. Garnish with the goat cheese crumbles.