I love celebrating Thanksgiving because of the leftovers. I like having food for several days at a time! This easy and delicious leftover mashed potato recipe is the best! It is easy, quick, and everyone will enjoy it.
How to use leftover mashed potatoes?
Mashed potatoes are delicious when I serve them straight off the stovetop but with time they lose their taste and creamy texture. This is why I love making pancakes out of it.
It changes the consistency to a crispy and flavorful flat potato pancake. I like serving them with sour cream and veggies on the side. It is filling, delicious, and very quick to make so you can enjoy one more day of the holiday break.
How to store mashed potatoes?
If you have mashed potato thanksgiving leftovers, they can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. I have never frozen mashed potatoes before so I am not sure how it will turn out.
Make sure it is in an air-tight container to prevent freezer burn. Keep in mind, the consistency might change when thawing. Potatoes contain a lot of water so they might become runny.
Follow the recipe below for these delicious mashed potato pancakes!
Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Mixing bowls
- Non stick pan
- 2 Cups Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour or any flour
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Scallions chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine all ingreients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Flour your hands and take a small scoop of the mashed optato mix. Form a ball and then gently press it to flatten between your hands.
- Heat a drizzle of olice oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the potato pancakes. Cook on both sides until golden brown and slightly crispy – about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the grease. Garnish with sour cream and more chopped scallions.