What is the best grilled cheese recipe you ask?
This easy and delicious grilled brie cheese sandwich is one of my favorite. I can say it is the best grilled cheese recipe out there if you are looking for a twist on the classic version.
I paired the gooey grilled brie cheese with crisp pear and fresh thyme for some extra flavor. It matched perfectly with classic white bread and a scrunch of black pepper which makes it one of the best simple lunch ideas.
How to make the perfect grilled cheese?
I think grilled cheese sometimes can be overrated. But grilled brie cheese sandwich is a different story. The secret to the perfect grilled cheese, though, is in the bread. I like the bread soft and pillowy on the inside and crispy and salty from the butter on the outside. Here is what you need for this delicious grilled brie cheese sandwich.
- Brie Cheese – for best results slice the brie cheese when it’s cold and leave the slices on parchment paper until they are at room temperature. This will allow the brie cheese to melt easier.
- Pear – or apple works too.
- Fresh Thyme
- Salted Butter – if you have only unsalted make sure to season it with a little sea salt when melting it in the skillet.
- Dijon Mustard – this will give the grilled brie cheese sandwich a little spice.
- White bread – the staple for homemade simple lunch ideas.
- Freshly ground black pepper – this will bring your grilled cheese recipe to the perfect grilled cheese status.
To make the perfect sandwich all you need is a large skillet with a lid. Once you assemble the sandwich melt the butter in the skillet and grill on both sides. Make sure to keep the skillet covered with the lid so the heat travels evenly.
What to pair a grilled brie cheese sandwich with?
I love this recipe because it goes with so many other simple lunch ideas. For example, this delicious and hearty Garden Vegetable soup or this Creamy Red Bean & Sausage Stew.
Grilled Brie Cheese Sandwich
- Large skillet with lid
- 8 Slices White Bread
- 1-2 Packs Brie Cheese, sliced, room temperature*
- 2 Large Pears thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Spread the dijon mustard on one side of the white bread. Arrange the brie cheese and pear slices.
- Sprinkle fresh thyme and black pepper on top and close with a second slice of bread.
- Heat a large skillet on high and add half of the butter. Place one or two sandwiches on top and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes and flip for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice horsontaly accross themiddle (or diagnoly, if thatds how you prefer it).