This is the only and best waffle recipe you need! Even beyond valentine’s day breakfast. However, I developed this recipe specifically for valentine’s day breakfast in bed and I think it is perfect!
This easy waffle recipe is quick, inexpensive and so pretty. I will admit that the color of the waffles is very intentional for the images.
The beetroot gives it subtle and light pink color mostly on the inside. But if you want to be extra like me use a little bit of food coloring.
Let’s make the best waffle recipe
This really is the best waffle recipe because it is easy, made with staple ingredients, and so fun to make!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Whole Milk – or any milk you want really!
- Pureed Beets – don’t use pickled beets because they will add a vinegary taste to the batter.
- Vanilla Extract
- Melted butter
- Waffle Maker
Here is where everything comes together and you will love how easy these homemade waffles are.
Dry ingredients: Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine and set aside.
Wet Ingredients: Whisk the eggs and add the milk, vanilla extract, honey, and pureed beets. Whisk until everything is well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until smooth. Preheat the waffle iron brush a little coconut or olive oil on the iron to prevent sticking.
Scoop a little bit of the waffle mix and pour over the waffle iron. Close it and cook for about a minute. The time really depends on the waffle maker so make sure to check the instructions.
Homemade Waffle FAQ:
- How to keep the waffles warm? Preheat the oven to 200F and place a large plate in the middle. Store the waffles there covered with aluminum foil.
- Can you freeze these easy waffles? Yes! Stack them in a ziplock bag or in an air tight container and pop them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- How do you reheat cold and frozen waffles? If cold, wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. If frozen, pop in the toaster for a minute or two.
Valentine’s Day Breakfast in Bed Ideas:
I love Valentine’s day and honestly, I love making breakfast for my husband. He is more of a bacon and eggs sandwich kind of guy, but every once in a while he likes to be spoiled.
Breakfast in Bed – The Best Waffle Recipe
- Waffle Maker Standard Size
- 2 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pureed beets
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the wet ingredient into the dry. Whisk until everything is combine and you have a smooth mixture.
- Scoop one cup of the mixture and pour onto the waffle iron. Close the waffle maker and let it cook for about a minute. The time may vary on the waffle maker so make sure to check the instructions. Remove from the waffle maker. Transfer to a plate.
- To keep the waffles warm while you are making the batch keep in the oven at 200F.